Dream pop, slow jam “LoveStory” is the new single by Sarah P., out of her debut album Who Am I. The video was filmed by the award-winning director Eftychia Iosifidou and features Sarah and Clio Arvaniti. Friendship and sisterhood are two of the key themes of the video. What we witness is an unbreakable bond between two girls who no matter how far they are, they’ll always be close. “I like to think of it as the perfect day – a love story to last,” says Sarah. A heart-warming video, reassuring that when you give, you’re most likely going to get something back.
“LoveStory” is dedicated to those who, after experiencing hard times in their lives, got to find true bliss through someone or something and managed to let go of their infelicitous past. It’s also addressed to that special someone or something that lightens up our days. “You’re the one. I’m the earth and you’re my sun,” Sarah sings, well knowing that love is an essential part of our lives. “It’s a love song that can be sung to a mom, dad, child, sibling, friend, pet, lover; whomever/whatever’s cheering you up needs to receive this love letter,” she shares.
Sarah P.’s debut album Who Am I, an ode to the humanly deep need for security and love, was released in May, 2017.
The “LoveStory” single, incl. a gloomy remix by L.A.-based synth/electronic outfit The New Division, is out now.
Sarah P. – LoveStory
- Single Release: September 22, 2017
- Music & Lyrics: Sarah P.
- Produced by Sarah P. & George Priniotakis
- Mixed & mastered by George Priniotakis at Artracks Studios Athens
- Video: youtu.be/k0qBnLqbQis (directed by Eftychia Iosifidou)
- Lyrics: genius.com/Sarah-p-lovestory-lyrics
- “LoveStory” is taken from Sarah P.’s debut album Who Am I (out now via EraseRestart Records)
- Links: Homepage | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Spotify
“LoveStory” / Video Stills
About Sarah P.
- “Sarah has sent the universe a love-letter of self-care & the perpetual mission & quest for self-understanding (not to mention our understanding of others).” – Impose
- “Pitch-perfect” – Highsnobiety
- “Sophisticated, cultured and synthtastic” – The Electricity Club
- “Sarah P. is expressing herself but also looking beyond herself, putting her art in the context of history and expressing curiosity at human condition.” – The Berklee Groove
- Sarah P. proves that pop music can also deal critically with the world and, above all, with ourselves. – Blonde
- “Sarah P.’s solo pop bubbles with a lithe energy that emerges even during the heaviest of synth refrains.” – Bandcamp
- “Imagine Björk and Kate Bush having an espresso together.” – Give It A Spin
- “What the world is witnessing is a beautiful princess’s inauguration into a fully fledged queen and her artistic kingdom has no borders or boundaries.” – ColoRising
- “Sarah P.’s debut is a unique piece of music and it’s another step in an incredibly inspiring development.” – NBHAP
- “The Greek vocalist’s future is wide open — and she’s out to claim every inch of it.” – MTV Iggy
- “Sarah P.’s work focuses both inwards towards notions of self-discovery and emotional necessity, and outwards towards the surrounding social and political environment.” – MusicMap Global
- “Tracks almost as otherworldly as her vocals.” – Under The Radar
- “‘Who Am I’ takes on the big topics of life and wraps them into huge, beautiful songs.” – Tonspion
- “You need to hear this.” – Dressed Like Machines